Trustee Wallet (not to be confused with Trust Wallet) is a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchanger. The wallet is available as a mobile application in the App Store and Google Play. Allows you to store several dozen major cryptocurrencies, as well as any Ethereum and TRON blockchain tokens; you can add tokens manually if they are not in the standard list. It offers the exchange of cryptocurrencies with low commissions, as well as the ability to purchase using a bank card. You can use the wallet anonymously without verification, import is also available for third-party wallets using the private key / seed phrase.
The official website is trusteeglobal.com
Among the partners of the project are such companies and platforms as OKEx, Kuna, Blockchair, LaborX, Change Now, etc. The Profinvestment.com editors have compiled an overview of the Trustee Wallet for you, since it is quite popular due to its extensive functionality.
Important. Be sure to save your seed phrase. It is needed to restore access to the wallet if you lose your mobile device and to export to other wallets. The private key can be extracted from the seed phrase.
Key features of Trustee Wallet:
- The ability to create an unlimited number of wallets in one application. For example, if you need a separate storage space for cryptocurrency for trading, separate for investments, etc.
- Convenient thought-out interface that allows you to perform all operations as quickly as possible
- Commissions from 0.2% when withdrawing to a card or buying from it.
- Minimization of transaction costs using a special Smart algorithm.
- Open source code to ensure that developers do not have access to user keys and seed phrases.
- Referral program with the ability to receive 10% of the commissions of the invited (but only on condition of 5+ referrals).
- Support for several thousand assets, including any ERC-20 and TRC-20 tokens.
- Ability to work with BTC SegWit addresses.
- Lack of KYC / AML checks.
|Year of foundation||2019|
|Country of registration||USA|
|Registration address||300 Delaware Avenue, Suite 210-A, Wilmington, DE 19801 in New Castle County|
|Supported cryptocurrencies||ERC-20 and TRC-20 tokens, as well as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether and many others.|
|Deposit and withdrawal commission||From 0.2% to 2.75 when buying / selling using cards or payment systems|
|Working with fiat money||Supported purchase / sale from bank cards of Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan|
|Security||PIN, seed, Touch ID or FACE ID|
|Contacts; social networks||Support service email@example.com or https://t.me/trustee_support_bot, social networks https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5248514; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyDwTfsyagTuZR5fvrUJSVA; https://www.facebook.com/Trustee.Wallet/; https://twitter.com/Trustee_Wallet; https://vk.com/trustee_wallet; https://t.me/trustee_wallet; https://github.com/trustee-wallet/trusteeWallet|
How to create a wallet. Interface overview
To create a Trustee Wallet, you need to download the app from the app store of your phone or tablet.
- Run the application.
- Agree to the terms of service and click the “Create Wallet” button.
- A seed phrase will appear on the screen. Write it down in a safe place, and only after that press the button “The phrase is written down”.
- Place the words of the seed phrase in the correct order by simply clicking on them according to the information you wrote down earlier.
- Wait for the message that the wallet has been successfully created appears. Click OK. After that, you will immediately be taken to the wallet interface.
After that, Trustee Wallet will give you a small introductory guide to the functionality. You can skip it if you wish.
The Trustee Wallet app includes the following sections:
- Main screen. Here is a list of your assets and amounts (you can add any supported asset by clicking on the corresponding button at the top of the screen.
- Exchange. In this section, you can exchange one asset for another. Select the given coin on the left, and the received one on the right. A payment provider is also selected (currently only Changelly is available). By clicking on the letter “i” at the payment provider, you can see the minimum and maximum exchange limits. The amount is entered below.
- Buy Sell. Here you can buy or sell cryptocurrency for fiat money. RUB, UAH, USD are supported from fiat money. Available payment methods are bank cards of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, as well as payment systems QIWI, Payeer, Perfect Money.
- Earn. Information about the referral program and its statistics for a specific user. Here you can also withdraw the earnings accumulated from referrals (at least 2 USDT).
- More. This section includes various wallet settings.
In addition, if you click on the currency of interest on the main screen, you will have access to the functionality for sending and receiving coins, which is not much different from that in other wallets.
In the settings, you can make a backup of the wallet (save the backup phrase), as well as import another wallet belonging to you into the application to manage the assets contained in it. To import, you will need to enter the seed phrase of the desired wallet.
Also in the settings it is possible to create a new wallet, and subsequently switch between all created accounts.
Clicking the Add Asset button opens a list of supported assets. If the token you need is not in the list, you can add it manually by entering the token address, which can be viewed in the Ethereum or Tron blockchain browsers.
The next item in the settings is to activate the PIN-code, which will be requested each time the application is launched.
In addition, the section allows you to select your default currency, change the interface language, adjust the data refresh rate, save operation logs, contact technical support.
Buying and selling from the card. Commissions and limits
Trustee Wallet allows you to purchase BTC, LTC, ETH, UAX, XRP, USDT (ERC-20 and Omni) from a bank card in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus or Kazakhstan. One of the conditions for using this function is mandatory 3D Secure protection on the card.
Trustee charges a 0.2% commission for an exchange operation, however, there is also a payment system commission, which must also be taken into account:
- QIWI – 0.2%
- Ruble cards (sale) – 2.7% + 50 rubles
- Ruble cards (purchase) – 1.7%
- Hryvnia cards (both buying and selling) – 1.7%
There are also limits for card transactions:
- Purchase in one operation. 150-24000 UAH, 5329-100000
- Sale in one operation. 41-250000 UAH, 210-75000
- Monthly limit for one card. 250000 UAH or 7500000
It should be noted that an unlimited number of cards can be linked to the wallet.
Buying and selling takes from five to thirty minutes, depending on the bought / sold cryptocurrency and the congestion of its network.
Exchange within the wallet. Commissions
Without leaving the Trustee Wallet, you can exchange one supported cryptocurrency or token for another. A trading pair can be any of all the coins that are in the application.
There is no commission for internal exchange in the wallet. But it should be noted that the rate already includes the fees of the payment provider, which is indicated on the exchange screen. The transaction time depends on the speed of its processing by the provider, but usually it is almost instantaneous.
Advantages and disadvantages
✅ A large number of supported coins.
✅ Anonymity and lack of verification.
✅ Keeping keys on the user’s side.
✅ Free purchase and sale of cryptocurrency for fiat money.
✅ Support for popular payment methods.
✅ Exchange without commissions within the application.
✅ Good level of security.
✅ Ease of Management.
✅ There is a Russian interface language.
❌ There is no PC version of the app.
❌ To receive income from the referral program, you need to invite at least five people.
The Trustee Wallet is marketed as “safe as a Swiss bank”. From the point of view of modern security standards in the cryptoindustry, it really meets the basic requirements – it does not have access to user keys, places the source code in the public domain, and allows you to additionally protect your account with a pin code, fingerprint or Face ID.
The functionality of the wallet is quite enough to carry out basic operations for storing, exchanging, sending, buying and selling cryptocurrencies. There are no additional functions such as staking or dApps, so at the moment this is just a good and reliable option for storing digital assets.