Trezor is a wallet for cryptocurrencies. Review, how to buy on the official website, instructions for working with a hardware wallet
Trezor is an open source hardware storage wallet for cryptocurrencies. Unlike other methods that can be compromised, the Trezor is the most secure, secure and anonymous device. Supports storage, receipt and transfer of more than 600 cryptocurrencies: from Bitcoin to little-known altcoins. Produced by the Czech company SatoshiLab. You can buy Trezor using bank cards or Bitcoin. Delivery to Russia, Belarus takes about 7 business days.
Official Trezor website: trezor.io.
The wallet works autonomously without additional power supply. A USB cable is included for connection to a computer. Trezor is managed by the Trezor Wallet application, which is a web interface. Security is ensured by setting a pin code and a passphrase. Restoring access is possible using the seed phrase, which you will receive when you first set up the wallet. All data is stored in the non-erasable memory of the device and is not available to third parties. Private keys do not leave the device. The presence of viruses on the computer will not lead to the loss of cryptocurrency. Trezor is the best hardware wallet option for crypto users.
Trezor hardware wallets
There are two types of wallets available (the price is indicated without VAT and shipping costs):
- Trezor One White (Black) (69 euros).
- Trezor Model T (€ 149).
They differ in technical characteristics and appearance.
The models are available in various modifications:
- Trezor One Metallic (605 euros).
- TREZOR ONE Black + Cryptosteel (180 euros).
- TREZOR Model T + Cryptosteel (277 euros).
- TREZOR Ultimate Pack (330 euros).
Analog – Ledger wallets.
After purchasing, make sure that the holographic stickers on the packaging are intact. Buy the device on the official website, do not take it from advertisements or on the secondary market.
History of creation
The first prototype of the Trezor cryptocurrency wallet was presented back in 2012, but the first Trezor One model was released in 2014. In 2013, the company SatoshiLab was registered, which was engaged in the production of devices. 2016 saw the update and release of a new generation wallet called Trezor 2.0. The changes affected the software, new functions were added. 2016 turned out to be very fruitful for the company: entering the Japanese market; cooperation with a number of well-known crypto-exchanges (Bitstamp, Zaif); adding new cryptocurrencies (Ethereum); launch of the public platform myTREZOR, which made it possible not to depend on the internal servers of SatoshiLab.
The next updates to the Trezor Model T and Trezor One wallets happened in 2018. Also, the changes affected the Trezor Wallet application.
Legal address: Kundratka 2359 / 17a 18000 Praha 8 Czech Republic.
How to buy a Trezor wallet
To buy a Trezor wallet, you need to go to the “Shop” section on the official website trezor.io or click “Get your Trezor”.
- Select the desired hardware wallet from the product range:
- Add it to your cart (Add to card), change the shipping country and click “Continue”:
- The total cost consists of the starting price + VAT + shipping costs. For example, the price of Tresor with delivery to Russia will be 78 euros. Delivery time “Standart Shipping” – 7 working days.
- Next, you should fill out the order form. Please specify: email, full name, address, country, city, postal code. Enter data in Latin, without punctuation (periods, commas, apostrophes, etc.). The address can be specified in other fields, if it does not fit into “Address line 1”. Allowed abbreviation: dom – d; kvartira (kv).
- Please indicate your payment method under the form. Bank cards Visa / Mastercard and Bitcoin are available.
- Click “Continue to the payments gateway” and complete your Trezor wallet purchase. Card and cryptocurrency payments are processed by the processing company Gopay. When paying with a bank card, indicate its number, validity period, security code on the back.
- When paying with Bitcoin cryptocurrency, you need to transfer coins to the address indicated in the invoice. The time for the operation is regulated by 20 minutes. At this time, the Bitcoin rate is fixed, after this time, a recalculation will be made.
- Payment can be made within 12 hours. You will receive a link to the order by email.
Delivery is paid, so it takes several days. After receiving, make sure that the hologram is intact, which is a guarantee of unchanged device modification:
- In Trezor One models, the hologram is located on the packaging.
- In the Trezor Model T, in the area of the USB connector. Also, this model implements software measures to protect against counterfeiting and hacking. The validity of digital signatures is verified each time the wallet is turned on.
The standard set of the Trezor hardware wallet includes:
- Trezor wallet.
- USB cable.
- A leaf to write down the seed phrase.
- Magnet for attaching wallet anywhere (Model T only).
- Stickers with the Trezor brand logo.
Accessories can be ordered through the Shop section:
- Optional USB cable (Type C).
- Extended cable.
- Leather or silicone case.
- Portable cable for connecting to a computer.
- Cable for connecting to a phone with Android OS with installed Mycelium application.
- Steel plate for storing seed.
Hardware wallet security
Here are some recommendations that will allow you to safely use the Trezor wallet.
- Buy the device only on the official website: trezor.io.
- Enter a complex PIN code that is difficult to find. Variations 1234 should not be used; 1111, etc. The maximum length is 9 digits. On the Trezor T model, the pin is set using the touchscreen. If the code is complex, it is better to write it down. After 16 unsuccessful attempts to enter it, the hardware device is cleared and access to the coins is restored only with the help of a seed phrase. Also, if you enter an incorrect PIN code, the time interval between the next attempts is doubled. If the PIN is forgotten, one thing remains – to clean the device and start using it from scratch. And to change it, use the Trezor Wallet interface.
On the Trezor One – using a blind matrix.
- Write down, save the seed on the sheet that comes with the wallet. A sid or mnemonic phrase is 12 (Model T) or 24 (One) words in English. Write them down in the same sequence that you see on the screen. Even if Trezor is lost or stolen, you can export your seed to another wallet and access your coins. Make several copies and place in different places. Do not store the seed in text files on your computer, in cloud storage, do not send by email, etc.
- Set a passphrase (for advanced users). The maximum length is 50 characters (words, numbers, letters). The main thing is to remember them, but it is better to write them down together with the seed on a leaf. When this function is enabled, new cryptocurrency addresses are generated. Therefore, if you used Trezor without a passphrase and then installed it, then enter an empty password to access the old addresses.
- Do not tell anyone that you have cryptocurrency and where it is stored.
- Always use the latest firmware.
The device operates on a zero trust principle. This means that if a wallet or computer is compromised, it will not affect the security of the stored cryptocurrency in Trezor.
Each transaction undergoes mandatory confirmation on the device itself. If the viruses on the computer were able to change the address and the amount, then you can see this on the wallet screen and cancel the transfer of the cryptocurrency.
Trezor T specifications:
- Size 64mm x 39mm x 10mm.
- Case material – plastic.
- Weight – 22 grams.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
- ARM Cortex-M4 processor @ 168 MHz.
- Touchscreen RGB LCD (240×240 pixels).
- Micro SD card slot.
- Operating temperature: -20 ° C to + 60 ° C.
Trezor One specifications:
- Dimensions: 60mm x 30mm x 6mm.
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor (120 MHz).
- OLED screen with a size of 128×64 pixels.
- Has two buttons.
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
- Weight – 12 grams.
All hardware devices are CE and RoHS certified. Supported by operating systems Windows 7+, macOS 10.11+, Linux, Android OS.
The difference between Trezor wallets
All Trezor wallets provide good protection for cryptocurrency savings. The Trezor One model is more popular due to its low cost: 69 euros versus 149 euros for the Model T. Their functionality is generally similar. But, Model T is a new generation wallet and is very easy to use:
✅ Has a large touchscreen display.
✅ Setting a pin code, password, entering a seed phrase is carried out directly on the device.
✅ Magnet included for easy storage.
✅ More powerful processor.
Operating instructions: installation, receipt, transfer of cryptocurrency
There are 4 ways for a hardware device to interact with the Trezor Wallet interface:
- Trezor Bridge is a special application for connecting Trezor with computers.
- Trezor Manager for Android (you need to download the application from Google Play and have an OTG cable, which you can buy in the “Shop” section).
- Command line.
The first option is recommended. To install, go to the official Trezor website: trezor.io, in the “Wallet” section download Bridge for your operating system.
Install the program, upon completion, restart your browser and go to the “Wallet” page again. The next step is to connect the wallet to your computer.
After connecting to the Trezor Wallet interface, you should install the latest system firmware, as the devices are shipped without it. After installing it, disconnect and reconnect the Trezor. Then, click create a new wallet.
Configure further settings by clicking “Create a backup in 3 minutes”:
- Write the seed down on a piece of paper. The number of words depends on the wallet model. The Trezor One has 24, the Model T has 12. Right click on the Trezor One to see the next words; swipe up on the touchscreen on your Model T. Do not mix up the word order. Seed appears only twice.
- Give the device any name.
- Set the pin code. On the Trezor Model T wallet – using the touchscreen display; Trezor One – by clicking on the panel in the browser, you will see the numbers of the code only on the device itself.
- Subscribe to the company’s pages on social networks.
Setting up the Trezor wallet is now complete and ready to use. You will see an interface for performing all possible operations with cryptocurrency (receiving, transferring), settings (changing the pin code, setting a password, etc.). To select the required crypto-coin, click on the drop-down list in the left corner. interface for working with Trezor wallet
To receive the address of the cryptocurrency, click “Receive”.
It still needs to be verified on the hardware wallet. Check all the symbols, because if the computer is infected with viruses, there is a possibility that the address in the browser could be spoofed. You can create the required number of addresses for each new transaction.
After transferring a cryptocurrency to any of them, in the “Transaction” section you will see its status (Unconfirmed) and the number of confirmations.
To transfer cryptocurrency from Trezor wallet, click “Send” and specify:
- Cryptocurrency address (Addresses) to which coins should be sent.
- Set the optimal commission (Bitcoin network fee) if necessary.
The Trezor hardware wallet is a must-have device for anyone who is serious about cryptocurrency. You can buy Trezor from more than 150 countries around the world. The device is available for ordering from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and other countries of Eastern Europe. You can pay with any Mastercard, Visa or Bitcoins. In just one to two weeks, you will receive Trezor.