How to exchange Tether (USDT) for rubles, other fiat or cryptocurrencies | Main ways to exchange USDT
The USDT cryptocurrency is issued by Tether and is a stablecoin, that is, a coin with a stable value. It is always equal to 1 US dollar (fluctuations of 1-2% are possible). USDT is the most popular stablecoin today, with a market capitalization of over $ 58 billion.
Tether was originally launched on the Bitcoin blockchain using the Omni protocol. Today it operates on over 10 blockchain networks. The most popular standard is ERC-20 (Ethereum network). When choosing options for exchanging Tether (USDT), you need to take this into account, since less popular standards may not be supported by the selected exchange or wallet. The Profinvestment.com editorial staff will tell you what services can be used to quickly and safely exchange this stablecoin.
All methods of exchanging Tether (USDT) for fiat or cryptocurrencies
Examples: Binance, Bybit, FTX, Huobi, EXMO, Currency.com, OKEx, CEX.io
How to exchange Tether (USDT) on a cryptocurrency exchange:
- Register on the exchange and go through identity verification. If you do not plan to use fiat, then verification may not be required.
- Top up your account in the required cryptocurrency or fiat.
- In the trade section, select the desired pair, for example, BTC / USDT or USDT / RUB.
- Create a buy / sell order.
- Many exchanges also provide the ability to quickly buy coins from a card or exchange one crypt for another using the built-in exchanger.
- If necessary, withdraw cryptocurrency / fiat from the exchange to your personal wallet.
The order of exchanging Tether (USDT) in the exchanger:
- Choose an exchanger with the most favorable rate (using monitoring) or just a reliable proven service from our list.
- Indicate the currency you are giving.
- Specify the received currency.
- Enter the amount to be exchanged within the limits. The maximum amount is usually limited only by the reserves available in the exchange.
- Enter your details and details.
- Form an exchange request.
- Pay for the application. The exchanger will give out the details, you need to transfer funds to them within a certain period of time (in most exchangers 15-20 minutes are given for this).
- Wait for the receipt of payment to the specified details from the exchanger.
3. Payment systems
Examples: Payeer, Capitalist, AdvCash.
The procedure for exchanging Tether (USDT) through payment systems:
- Register in an electronic payment system, go through verification, if necessary.
- Top up your account with fiat or cryptocurrency.
- Make an exchange between your accounts.
- You can output the final result to an external account / wallet address.
- In the case of AdvCash, it is possible to link a Binance account and purchase with crediting to the exchange account.
Examples: Matbea, Trust Wallet, Exodus, Atomic, Trustee Wallet.
How to exchange Tether (USDT) through crypto wallets:
- Install a decentralized cryptocurrency wallet.
- Write a recovery phrase or save a key file in a safe place.
- Then there are two ways. The first is to go to the purchase from a card section and pay with USDT in fiat currency, after which the tokens are credited to the wallet address.
- The second is to go to the exchange section and exchange one cryptocurrency for another, for example, Bitcoin for USDT or vice versa.
The listed wallets support either both functions at once, or one of them.
5. p2p sites
Examples: Cryptolocator, Binance P2P, Paxful, Bitpapa, Bitzlato.
How to exchange Tether (USDT) through p2p exchangers:
- Register, if necessary, verify your identity.
- Select the coin of interest – USDT.
- Go to the desired section – “Buy” or “Sell”.
- Choose a suitable offer from another user, focusing on the following factors: counterparty reputation, exchange rate, trading limits, supported payment methods.
- Press the “Buy” or “Sell” button.
- Further actions depend on the type of operation. If you buy USDT with fiat, then you will need to transfer the money to the invoice issued by the seller. When he receives and confirms the payment, the cryptocurrency will be transferred to you. If you want to sell tokens, then on the contrary, you will have to give your details, wait for the payment and confirm it, after which your tokens will be sent to the buyer.
Buying or selling the Tether stablecoin is possible through various bots that work in the Telegram messenger.
The order of exchanging Tether (USDT) via Telegram bots:
- Add bot to contacts and run.
- Select the item “Exchange cryptocurrency” or “Buy / sell”. The exact functionality depends on the type of bot – whether it belongs to an exchanger or a p2p exchange.
- Indicate the preferred methods of payment and receipt of funds.
- Pay for the application, receive a return payment to your account.
7. Crypto ATMs
Search map: https://coinatmradar.com/
The order of exchanging Tether (USDT) through cryptomats:
- Select the “Buy” or “Sell” option on the device screen.
- Select the required cryptocurrency.
- Depending on whether it is buying or selling, the actions differ. When buying, you will need to put cash in a bill acceptor (there are also cryptomats with card support).
- When selling, you will need to transfer the crypt to the specified address. You can scan the QR code from your mobile phone.
Tether Storage Wallets (USDT)
When choosing a wallet that will store Tether (USDT), consider which token standards are supported by this or that service. Examples of suitable wallets:
- Trust wallet
As well as accounts of cryptocurrency exchanges, which are also suitable for temporary storage of assets.
USDT exchange is possible in many different ways – of which everyone can choose the most convenient and profitable option for themselves. Therefore, it is better to stop at the choice of services verified by millions of users than to resort to dubious methods, such as direct exchange with users of forums and social networks – there is a great risk of fraud. Exchanges, exchangers and other resources should also be chosen deliberately. We have provided examples of platforms that have really proven themselves in the best way over the years. On our site you will find reviews of most of these services and you can easily make your choice.