Blockchain observers: what is it, a review of sites for monitoring the network of top cryptocurrencies. Examples of observers for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and ERC-20 tokens
Blockchain observers (conductors, monitors) are online resources that provide complete information about a transaction, block, address and other network statistics. Using them, you can find out the status of the transaction and the number of confirmations, balance, which is important in practical use. Information in the blockchain of any cryptocurrency is unchanged and open for viewing. These are the main principles of decentralization.
Monitors are for one blockchain only. For example, in the browser of the Bitcoin network, it will not be possible to find out data about the Ethereum network, etc.
To view the information, you need to enter in the search box: txid (thash), address, hash or block height. For ERC-20 tokens (on the Ethereum platform), etherscan.io is the common browser.
List of observers for cryptocurrencies
Consider block observers for top cryptocurrencies:
|Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens||etherscan.io/|
Blockchain observers who provide information about several cryptocurrencies at the same time (aggregators):
- blockchair.com/ru/. Cryptocurrency block explorer: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV, Dash and Dogecoin. Search by transaction ID, address, block, and even text comment.
- tokenview.com/ru/. The site provides information on cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Tether, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Monero, Dash, Neo, Ontology, Ethereum Classic, Zcash, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Gold, IOST, Ravencoin, DigiByte, Verge, GRIN and etc.
- blockchain.com. The most famous blockchain monitoring: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash. Also, you can open an online wallet for the specified cryptocurrencies. A large amount of information is available: hash rate, difficulty, commission, cost, number of unconfirmed transactions, last blocks and other characteristics of the blockchain.
- blockexplorer.com. Blockchain Explorer: BTC, ZCASH, Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin blockchain explorer
Consider the popular block explorer blockchain.com. The site has a Russian-language interface and a clear structure. You can find out information not only about the Bitcoin cryptocurrency, but also about Ethereum and one of the forks – Bitcoin Cash.
You can go to the browser through the “Data Explorer” section or click on the search box:
We indicate the information that you need to find out:
- Bitcoin address.
- Txid of the transaction.
- Height (number) of the block.
For example, let’s get information about the Bitcoin address 1PfGzi59sW7eDtHuRBKaFV7QyuRkdY3pA2:
Copy and paste it into the search box, select the Bitcoin cryptocurrency and click “Search”.
A full information page will appear:
✅ Current balance.
✅ Number of transactions, Txid and amounts.
✅ The address of the sender or recipient of the transaction.
When transferring cryptocurrency from wallets, cryptocurrency exchanges, when exchanging between people and in other cases, TXID (TxHash) is provided. This is the transaction identifier, by which you can track whether the transfer was made, whether the operation was confirmed or not, find out the sender’s address and the exact amount of the transfer. This is very important information and you need to know where to view the status of a Bitcoin transaction.
We indicate the TXID in the browser window:
Information will appear: time of inclusion in the block and arrival in the queue; size in bytes; block number in which the transaction is included; number of confirmations; number of inputs and outputs; commission; recipient and sender addresses.
In the example below, the transaction has one confirmation (you need at least 6):
To view information about a block, you need to specify its height (number) in the blockchain browser.
Available data: block hash; hashes of the previous and next blocks; time of inclusion in the blockchain; complexity; total number of transactions; the size; commission; reward for miners; volume; pool and other parameters.
Other Bitcoin network monitors
- localbitcoinschain.com is a block explorer on the Bitcoin network from the LocalBitcoins exchange. Segwit and Bech32 addresses are supported.
- live.blockcypher.com. The principle of obtaining data does not differ from other resources: we enter the address, transaction ID, block and get the indicators of the blockchain network.
Observers of the Ethereum blockchain and ERC-20 tokens
To obtain indicators of the Ethereum network and tokens using its platform, resources are offered:
Let’s consider the first option. We indicate in the search bar: address, transaction ID (Thash), block, name (ticken) of the token, Ethereum Name Service (ENS)
For example, address 0xf3F7236A40Ba62be795a3A5a6b8589A64870e167:
You can find out: balance, transactions and their Txhash, block height, etc.
Token information such as BNB (Binance Coin):
Blockchain reviewers are the right tool for analyzing the network of any cryptocurrency. The largest number of such resources have been created for Bitcoin due to its popularity. To understand the principle of monitoring is necessary for every owner of cryptocurrencies.